How to learn a foreign language for free
What's the Deal
Last Updated: 241 days ago
Learning another language can be extremely rewarding, but it can also be extremely expensive. Software like Rosetta Stone costs around $500, classes can easily cost quadruple that, but as long as you're fluent in the language of deals, you can learn another language online for free.
There are a number of online resources including:
1) omniglot.com is a good place to start.
2) The BBC has a great site for leaning new language basics at this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/
3) Duolingo.com is a cool site that teaches you a new language through games.
4) busuu.com does have paid lessons, but for free you can access the basics.
5) YouTube is full of free language lessons.
6) iTunes has a bunch of language podcasts, like the popular Chinese pod.
7) The languagepod101 series features tons of languages.
When you're just starting out, there's no need to pay a fortune to learn.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.