Top of the List: Royal baby watch, teddy bear toss and a good find at Goodwill
It’s December 4, and these were the top headlines people were talking about:
1) GREAT EXPECTATIONS: It’s royal bambino mania as people speculate over Kate Middleton's precious package. It's enough to make a royal watcher's head explode. And if twins materialize, there will be new problems for Kate far beyond morning sickness.
2) GOOD EYE LEADS TO GOOD BUY: Karen Mallet was browsing her local Goodwill when she spotted something eye-popping. She looked down and saw the signature said “Calder.” Turns out it was a signed lithograph from Alexander Calder. The legendary artist and mobile-maker made Rednose in 1969. Her lucky find was appraised at a whopping $9,000.
3) CAUGHT GREEN-HANDED: A thief, who stole holiday decorations from a family, was caught on surveillance video. The video showed the Christmas crook taking a blow-up sled, snowman, Santa, and train set from a front yard.
4) NEW GRECIAN FORMULA: We've all heard about Greece's money problems. They're so pervasive that a small-town soccer team there was left without funding until a woman stepped in. Madam Sula's generosity was provided by her business. She owns two local brothels! The happy soccer players call arrangement "innovative."
5) THE SOFTER SIDE OF HOCKEY: At the Calgary Hitmen's 2012 teddy bear toss, more than 25,000 teddy bears hit the ice in a Paddington-style pile-up! The cuddly furballs will go to children in need. Since 1999 more than 213,000 stuffed animals of all kinds have been donated.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.