Top of the List: Powerball winner caught on tape, Pong b-day and Bo sniffs out White House
On November 30, these were the stories people were talking about:
1) POSSIBLE POWERBALLER: Surveillance video from a Maryland Exxon station may have caught a possible Powerball winner on tape. He walked into the station, pulled out a lottery ticket and handed it to the clerk. He mentioned to the clerk he had bought the ticket in Arizona and seconds later…eureka!
2) BO’S NOSE KNOWS: At the White House, halls are decked and Bo has given them the waterdog once-over. This year's theme is "Joy to all!" In the video, the 4-year-old pup pads from room to room until he winds up in a staring contest with giant likeness -- of himself!
Approximately, 90,000 people are expected to check out the White House’s boughs-of-holly in person.
3) MILE HIGH HOOKUP: Not sure what to do on your next layover? Maybe you should try your hands at airport dating. There is a new website called www.meetattheairport.com that matches your profile and travel info with like-minded high-fliers at same airport. So far, 20,000 people have signed up.
4) PONG PARTY: If the sound of Pong sounds familiar, then you're either over 40 or a hard-core game geek living in your mother's basement. Atari's founder Nolan Bushnell revealed his secrets about the classic game saying they had a square ball not because they thought it was cool, but because it was all they could do.
5) WHO NEEDS CHRISTMAS: 10-year-old James Groccia desperately wanted a Lego Emerald Night Train Set. He scrimped and saved. He planned and dreamed. And when he finally got to the store... they were sold out!
Heartsick, the lad wrote a letter to Lego politely asking if they had any stashed away. He waited and waited and then the package arrived. The kid’s reaction was better than the Powerball guy.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.