The Fit List: Secret to beautiful skin in your 20s, 30s and 40s
- That's actually the best you're ever going to have so take care of it. Stay out of the sun or at least protect yourself from the sun.
- Use sunscreen - everyday, even if you're not in the sun.
- Lisa's Tip:"A lot of us wear lip gloss which actually reflects the sun so if you can find an SPF lip gloss go for it. But if you can't just smear it on your lips too."
- When you hit your 30s your collagen production slows down so jump-start your anti-aging routines with retinols and weekly face masks.
- Take more vitamins and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
- Lisa's Tip: "Oranges, apples, green beans, everything you can eat to hydrate your inside and your skin is going to show that."
- Your body starts giving you push-back for your reckless youth. Hello wrinkles and sunspots.
- Our skin has been shielding us all this time and it has had some damage so brightening agents help to diminish hyperpigmentation and sunspots.
- Lisa's Tip: "No Preparation H under the eyes. No more toothpaste on the face. What's happened with those old wives tales is that the ingredients of those have changed."
Sebamed Liquid Face & Body Wash ($12.99 for 400mL, CVS): This 2-in-1 multi-tasking wash is ultra-mild, soap-free and provides a gentle, deep cleansing of the pores while naturally conditioning the skin. It promotes a pH value of 5.5 that matches the acidic pH level of healthy skin, and is clinically proven to promote the development of the skin mantle. The innovative cleansing formula contains skin-conditioning panthenol, moisturizing vitamins and amino acids that maintain and balance the skin’s moisture level.
Meaningful Beauty: This skincare line from Cindy Crawford has everything you need to keep skin nourished and protected without costing a fortune. The starter kit includes a Skin Softening Cleanser, Antioxidant Day Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 20, Crème de Sérum, Lifting Eye Crème and Brightening Décolleté/Neck Treatment. $39.95 plus shipping and handling at meaningfulbeauty.com
Repêchage Biolight™ Overnight Cream ($110 at Repechage.com): Enhance your beauty sleep with this power-packed cream that combines three clinically proven peptides to rapidly help reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone and hyperpigmentation due to the sun, age, acne scars and hormonal changes. The brightening formula contains the brand’s exclusive Laminaria Complex which consists of two EcoCert Seaweeds combined with Willow Bark, Goto Kola and Licorice Extracts to enhance cell renewal, reduce inflammation and to reveal a more luminous complexion while firming and toning skin.
Repêchage Biolight™ Daytime Protection Cream ($95, Repechage.com): Brighten up with this daily moisturizer containing zinc oxide that hydrates and tones skin while providing protection against environmental aggressors. This revitalizing cream contains the brand’s exclusive Laminaria Complex which consists of two EcoCert Seaweeds combined with Bellis Daisy Extract, and a clinically proven peptide that work rapidly to brighten and even the skin’s tone and color.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.