By the Numbers: 7 facts about pizza you probably didn't know
Pizza By The Numbers
Did you know pizza deliveries jump 35 percent during the Super Bowl? That's just the beginning.
Here is pizza by the numbers:
- 93 percent of Americans eat at least one piece of pizza per month.
- Here in the U.S., 350 slices of pizza are eaten each second
- In 15 minutes, we eat enough pizza to carpet a football field.
- 3 billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. each year.
- Women are twice as likely as men to order veggie toppings.
- There are over 70,000 pizzerias in the U.S. and 9,000 pizzerias in the state of New York alone.
- 83 percent of all pizzerias offer delivery.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.