By the Numbers: Facebook interns and 9 other jobs with surprising salaries
The lowly intern is bringing home big bucks working at Facebook. That's right…at Facebook interns make over $67,000 per year. This is pretty good considering the average American salary is about $45,000.
Here are 9 more salaries that may surprise you:
1) Rhode Island boat captains make more than $123,000 annually.
2) Air-traffic controllers pull down as much as $140,000 per year.
3) Flight attendant salaries are also sky-high, with the top 10 percent making $102,000 per year.
4) Sanitation workers haul in an average of $60,000 per year.
5) Submarine cooks in Australia make $187,000 per year, and by submarine cooks we mean those who cook aboard a vessel.
6) The top 10 percent of college-level home economics teachers can earn $110,000 with California is the best-paying state.
7) The salary of a sommelier or wine steward is up to $160,000.
8) Broadcast news analysts pull in $160,000.
9) Flavorists, who re-create natural flavors, scare up an average of $100,000 per year.
That's a look at some surprising salaries... by the numbers.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.