WEB EXTRA: Cream of Crab Soup Recipe
Cream of Crab Soup Recipe
(Recipe yields 1 gallon of soup)
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- 1 Wire whisk
- 1 Measuring cup
- 1 Pot
- 1lb Butter
- 1lb Flour
- ¼ cup Crab Base
- 1 cup Sherry
- 1 Tbl Old Bay
- 1tsp White pepper
- 1tsp Salt
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2qt Heavy Cream
- 2 qt Crab Stock*
- Melt butter add flour and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat do not brown.
- Add crab base and seasoning
- Slowly ass crab stock and milk working with whisk
- Bring to Boil and reduce to simmer add heavy cream.
- Simmer for 30 minutes stir occasionally
- Place in ice bath and cool reserve for service.
*NOTE: Water can be substituted for crab stock
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.