Top of the List: It's Arnold...and he's everywhere
Last Updated: 260 days ago
Top of the List for Monday, October 1:
1) ARNOLD-POOLZA: There was another startling admission from Arnold Schwarzenegger as his tell-all memoir dropped. On Monday morning, he appeared on ABC’s "Good Morning America" and Sunday night, he was on “60 Minutes” where he referred to a little known affair with actress/reality star Brigitte Nielson during his early days with Maria Shriver.
2) DEBATE TRASH TALK: The countdown is on to Wednesday night's first presidential debate, live from Denver. But what can we expect? According to L.A. Laker Kobe Bryant on "Ellen," the president knows how to bring down the competition.
"He talks a lot of trash. Oh my goodness, a lot of trash because he's from Chicago so he's the Bulls through and through. He always talks Bulls this, the Bulls that and I'm like, my goodness," Bryant said.
3) FIRST MONDAY IN OCTOBER: It’s the first Monday in October and that means the Supreme Court is back in session. On the docket are the following: affirmative action in college admissions, same sex marriage and a challenge to a key provision of the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
4) CRASH COURSE: A full-size passenger plane was purposely crashed into a remote desert. It's all part of a Discovery Channel series called "Curiosity" which was previewed this morning on ABC. The cameras inside the fuselage offered a chilling insight as to what it would be like at impact.
The full story airs Sunday.
5) YOUNG LADY IN WAITING: Our final “Top of the List” item is a real life Cinderella story about bullied high school student Whitney Kropp,The Michigan teen admitted she considered suicide when classmates joked she was nominated to homecoming court. After a Facebook fan page earned over a 100,000 "likes," local businesses rallied to do a makeover.
Whitney didn't win homecoming queen, but she was our belle of the ball for battling those bullies.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.